Dr. Renju Mathai
Assistant Professor Programme Leader International Business and Management Studies
- Dr. Renju Mathai is currently working as Program Leader in the Department of International Business Management and Studies. His research interests include Corporate Training & Development, E- Learning, Performance Management, Motivation and Emotional Intelligence. Dr. Mathai started his career in the hospitality industry with the Oberoi groups of hotels, India in the year 1997. Within a short period, he realized his passion to work with bright young people who look up to him for knowledge and guidance and moved to the field of teaching and training. He has over 18 years of teaching experience in various universities. He has also worked for one year in hotel industry in Middle East. Prior to working in Doha, he has worked in many parts of India.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Faculty of Arts in Human Resource Management (2016)Manonmaniam Sundranar University Tirunelveli – Tamil Nadu .IndiaM.H.R.M (Master of Human Resource Management) 2003Pondicherry University – IndiaBHM (Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management) 1997Bharathidasan University – Tiruchirappalli – Tamil Nadu – India
• Strategic Human Resource Management• Training & Development• Training Methodology• Talent Management• Performance Management• Organizational Behaviour• Organizational Development• Emotional Intelligence• Case Study Analysis
– Member of thesis committee –IBMS (Since 2014)
– Member of Student Support Committee Stenden University Qatar (2011)
– Chairman and Member of Examination Committee Stenden University Doha Qatar (2007-2011)
– Lecturer for International Hotel Management (2004- Till 2013)
• Thangaraja, A & Mathai .R (2018) Talent Pipeline of Software Employees in Doha : A Conceptual Approach. International Journal of Scientific Research and Review. Vol No 7, Issue 12. (December)ISSN NO: 2279-543X.
• Thangaraja, A & Mathai .R (2018) A Case Study on Optimal Transportation Time Frame of Blue Crabs From Gujarat to Tamil Nadu. International Journal of Management, Technology and Engineering. Vol 8 Issue 12. (December) ISSN No: 2249-7455.
• Mathai .R & Thangaraja ,A (2017) Human Resource Information system, Human resource performance and Moderating effect of National and International Banks of Bank employees in Qatar
International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT & Management. Volume No. 7 (2017), Issue No. 10 (October) ISSN 2231-5756.
• Mathai .R (2017) Evaluation and effectiveness of E- Learning in the corporate training process with special reference to four and five star hotels in Tamil Nadu – India”. I-manager’s Journal on Management, Vol 12; No1; March- May2017: ISSN 2230-715 X Accepted• Mathai .R & Arumugam .T (2016) The Role of Q Metric Approach in the Training of Emotional Intelligence Competence among the Employees of the Hospitality Industry, Tamil Nadu- India. International Journal of Learning and Development, Vol. 6, No. 2 July 2016, ISSN 2164-4063; doi:10.5296/ijld.v6i2.9547• Mathai .R (2016) A Study of Training Managers and Department Managers role in Successful Implementation of E- Learning as Training Medium in Hospitality Industry in India. International Journal of Human Resource Studies.
Vol. 6, No. 2; 2 June 2016 ISSN 2162-3058; doi:10.5296/ijhrs.v6i2.9462• Mathai .R & Arumugam .T (2016) Preference and Promoting of E-Learning as a Training Medium in the Hospitality Industry with Special Reference to Four and Five Star Hotels in Tamil Nadu – India. International Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 7, No. 3; May 5, 2016. ISSN 1923-4007 E-ISSN 1923-4015. doi:10.5430/ijba.v7n3p91• Mathai .R (2014) Impact of Robust Technology Training through E-Learning in Corporate Hotels in India . Journal of Management Research, 2014, Vol. 6, No. 3, ISSN 1941-899X,
doi:10.5296/jmr.v6i3.5738• Mathai .R (2012) The Impact of employees training on Green marketing in hospitality industry i-manager’s Journal on Management, Vol. 7 l No. 2 l September – November 2012