Wael El Daou
Information & Communication Technologies Manager
Wael El Daou joined Stenden Qatar University of Applied Sciences in April 2006, an experienced and skilled ICT manager working in the field of Information and communication technology for more than 15 years in public and private sectors.
Wael uses his expertise in ensuring the smooth operation of the ICT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organisation. He is proficient in planning, directing, coordinating and designing ICT-related activities, as well as competent in providing administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the ICT department.
Wael bears a pro-active approach and keeps abreast with the latest technologies that are of benefit to the students and staff in particular.
Wael works with other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions. He has defined and implemented ICT policies, procedures, and best practices for the university. He has also contributed to the SUQ community through his participation in a number of committees such as the Admissions Committee, the Educational Support Committee, Events Committee and the Graduation Committee. In addition, he supervises the bookstore and print shop staff.
- Beginning iOS 5 Development, Exploring the iOS SDK
• Project management professional (PMP)
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL-V3)
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer
– Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows XP Professional.
– Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment.
– Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment.
– Implementing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Hosts.
– Implementing, Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Services.
– Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure, Networking Services Infrastructure Project.
– Planning, Implementing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure.
– Active Directory Implementation Project.
– Designing Security for Microsoft Networks.
– Deploying and Managing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004.
– Installing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
– Monitoring and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
• A+ Microcomputer Support and Service.
• A+ Operating System Technologist.
- Securing Your Business In a World of Risk, By IDC
• Grow your business to the next level and beyond, By LinkedIn’s Solutions
• IBM Security Strategy and Framework, By GBM
• Help AG Security Spotlight Forum, By Symantec
• Backup and Recover Challenges, By Symantec
• Customer Service (workshop), By Stenden Institute
• Evolution of Teaching (Interactive projector, Epson patent 3LCD Technology), By ABC
• Complete Protection for Agile Businesses, By Mcafee
• Protect And Recover Critical Data and Systems, By Dell
• Dell’s Efficient Enterprise, By Omnix
• Autodesk 3Ds Max Design Visualization, By IDC
• ICT Efficiency – Improve Efficiency & Reduce Cost, By Omnix
• FVC-Riverbed WAN Optimization, By Riverbed
• Open, Flexible and Integrated Solutions Reduce IT Complexity, By Dell & Symantec
• It’s Time2Protect from Trend Micro, By QCS
• Realize High Return with IP Storage, EMC² Products, By SortIT
• Making IT Matter: Finding Opportunities and Defining Value, By IDC
• Blue Coat Application Delivery Network, By Omnix
• Virtualize your Datacenter, By Sun micro & Oracle
• Cisco Expo, By Cisco
• Disaster Recovery, By Mannai & Symantec
• Information Protection in a High-Performance Computing Environment, By StortIT
• Virtualization Solutions, By Sun Microsystems
• System Engineer and Administrative Executive
August 2003 to October 2005
• Project Manager and Network Engineer
July 2002 to August 2003
Mace Connect WLL
• Technical IT
November 2001 to July 2002
• Network Administrator
June 2000 to September 2001
Twin’s Laguna Company