International Hospitality and Service Management
The Master of Arts in International Hospitality and Service Management will provide students with an in-depth, professional understanding of the practice of contemporary international hospitality and service management at a strategic level. A Master’s degree in International Hospitality and Service Management will prepare potential graduates for a successful career in the service or hospitality industry. This industry is growing at a tremendous pace with an expected increase of more than 30% of jobs worldwide by 2022. The hospitality industry is undergoing constant change, not least driven by shifting customer demands. These changes add to the complexity of the role of hospitality manager, and the highly skilled graduates of this course will be in high demand at a variety of companies all over the world.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Provide an intensive and balanced academic and practitioner relevant programme of study for entry level and career development in the field of hospitality and service management.
- Develop Masters level skills and techniques in identification, problem solving and developing strategic and operational plans for management of hospitality and service related organisations.
- Enhance the innovation, creativity and practical operational skills inherent within the hospitality and service industry, together with the strategic thinking and risk evaluation necessary for future growth and development of that industry.
- Explore the increasingly complex nature of the hospitality and service industry in relation to customization and commodification.
- Define the international nature of the hospitality and service industry in terms of both globalisation and glocalisation.
The MA in International Hospitality and Service Management seeks to fulfil these aims by providing an intellectual, challenging, postgraduate learning opportunity that enable students to progress in their chosen career and to enhance their opportunities for advancement in the widest range of organisations.