Sustainable heritage visitor management strategies
Sensitive and sustainable heritage visitor management strategies are of increasing importance to the tourism industry as is greater market differentiation in the development of heritage destinations. International relevance and interest will be maintained through the use of a range of case studies from a range of different countries and possibly through a field trip. As many heritage resources belong to, or are in the care of the public and voluntary sectors, the minor has broad industry relevance. The private sector is increasingly represented in heritage tourism but many of the flagship attractions remain in public sector care.
- Understand the relationship between heritage and tourism on an international basis;
- Analyse heritage tourism potential of a destination such as Qatar;
- Study developments and current issues in the heritage tourism and business sector;
- Research and develop concepts as to how to manage a heritage site and/or manage a tourism business;
- Apply the theory in the tourism field of excursions and field research.
The minor is worth 15 ECTS credits and is offered in English in Qatar. The course concludes with presentations, theory exams and module assignments.
Register for the minor
Would you like to take this minor? You can do so if you are in the third year of a Bachelor of Business Administration. You will preferably have completed the Strategic Management, Culture and Heritage Management modules.
Are you a Stenden student? Check under the ‘Student’ tab on iStenden for more information on the Grand Tour and how to apply.